REEL carries out Derrick and Mast inspections in accordance with API RP 4G to ensure that all sections of a derrick are systematically examined by dividing it into small, manageable areas for a fully focused inspection.
We conduct the work using our rope access qualified inspectors to carry out comprehensive close visual inspection of the derrick structure.
The thorough inspection process covers:
- Gin pole construction, including platforms, ladders, braces safety gates, connection plates, bolts and fasteners
- Upper and lower sections of the derrick stem, including all platforms, ladders, braces safety gates, connection plates, bolts and fasteners
- Dolly track, including all beams and beam clamps
- Dolly carriage guide rails, including upper, middle and lower sections
- Racking board area, including support frames, fingers straightness, latches, fingerboard access and all bolts and fasteners
- Derrick outfitting’s, including wind walls and any pipework, such as vent lines or HP mud lines
- Derrick safety slings and lifting equipment
- Derrick structure footings
- Derrick general structural condition
- Percentage bolt tightness check