Drilling Derrick and Mast Inspection
REEL ensures that all sections of a derrick are systematically examined by dividing it into small, manageable areas for fully focused inspection.
We conduct the work using our rope access qualified inspectors to carry comprehensive close visual inspection of the derrick structure.
The thorough inspection process covers:
- Gin pole construction, including platforms, ladders, braces safety gates, connection plates, bolts and fasteners
- Upper and lower sections of the derrick stem, including all platforms, ladders, braces safety gates, connection plates, bolts and fasteners
- Dolly track, including all beams and beam clamps
- Dolly carriage guide rails, including upper, middle and lower sections
- Racking board area, including support frames, fingers straightness, latches, fingerboard access and all bolts and fasteners
- Derrick outfittings, including wind walls and any pipework, such as vent lines or HP mud lines
- Derrick safety slings and lifting equipment
- Derrick structure footings
- Derrick general structural condition
- Percentage bolt tightness check